Saturday, September 10, 2011

My hope

On eve the anniversary of 9/11, I am struck by two things.  First, I feel a deep loss for all the innocent people who were lost on that day and intense pride in the heros who selflessly served others despite great personal risk.

Secondly, I feel a deep loss for our collectively lost faith in security and humanity.  It is my belief that someday, we will truely realise as a whole that nationality, skin color, religion, sexual preference, and gender are not things to cause fear and hate, but are what make the human race such a wonderfully beautiful and diverse entity.  I believe someday we will remember that we are a nation of immigrants and will not single out any particular group beause they have differnt customs, accents, and practices from what we are used to. Someday, the things we fear today will seem silly and childish.  At least, that is my hope.

Go hug someone tomorrow.  That's my plan, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment